If you are interested in being a Regional Coordinator, apply by sending an email to email@example.com with your interest and resume, or a link to your LinkedIn profile page.
NAFSA Tech MIG Regional Coordinators
The NAFSA Technology Member Interest Group (MIG) Regional Coordinator is responsible for coordinating Tech MIG initiatives within their NAFSA Region.
Major Areas of Responsibility include:
- Liaison and communicate with your Regional Chair and listserv around Tech MIG needs such as position recruitment, topics for seminars and events
- Be the Tech MIG liaison and conduit for your region, serving as a resource and referral point for members with technology needs
- Bi-Monthly meeting with your Chair / Co-Chairs
- Keep list of prospective members and share with Chair / Co-Chairs
- Attend (and preferably present at) your regional NAFSA conference
- Lead or assist in recruiting leader(s) for your Regional NAFSA Tech MIG meeting
- Post and share tech related articles or resources a minimum of 1-2 times per month on your region’s Facebook, LinkedIn, and other locations.
- Help brainstorm and implement initiatives to recruit / sustain membership in your region
- Collaborate with fellow Tech MIG leaders in your region to accomplish responsibilities
- Familiarity with NAFSA
- Actively involved with or highly knowledgeable in the field of international education
- Can demonstrate knowledge in at least one Tech Category (Social Media, Digital Marketing / Website Design, COIL, CRM Systems, Sunapsis, SEVIS, or other software)
This is a voluntary position, and while it is preferred to commit to at least 1 year, you may step down at any time. If you intend to step down, 4 weeks notice is preferred in writing.